Friday 9 February 2018

Lump On Lucy At Newbury


Unfortunately, First Of Never was in need of the outing at Doncaster and he faded badly in the closing stages. I probably need my head examined, but I just can’t let go and back on better ground I will more than likely give him another couple of chances. Don’t worry though, I won’t be putting him up on the blog again anytime soon!!
 
Cheekpieces could do the trick for Coeur Blimey.

Tomorrow is Betfair Hurdle day at Newbury and the horse I would most love to see win is Lalor. The Woollacott’s deserve a day in the sun more than most, and he would be a fairytale winner for Kayley and the rest of the team. He is always a horse I have thought a lot of and I backed him at silly odds for the Supreme at the start of the season. He still holds an entry, but he would want to be winning this doing handstands to have a hope in that race.

The bookies haven’t missed Lalor and he is priced up at around 12/1. At double that price I think the first time cheekpieces could work the oracle on Coeur Blimey. Sue and Lucy Gardner team up with this 7yo son of Winged Love and he comes here on the back of a fine effort off the same mark of 132 in the Lanzarote Hurdle at Kempton (21f soft).

He ran a cracker that day in 6th beaten just over 8L and his jumping was a lot better than it was on his previous start at Ascot in a Grade 2 heat. He is better off in the weights with Spiritofthegames who was 2nd that day and the drop back in trip should suit the Gardner’s horse better. All his best form has come at the minimum trip and a strongly run race over 2 miles will be ideal.

Lucy Gardner has been on board for both of Coeur Blimey’s win and she claims a handy 3lb. She may not be the most stylish of riders, but she knows how to win and she has done so on 38 occasions. All I know is that she has done me plenty of favours down through the years and she proved when landing a monster gamble on this fella in a Listed bumper at Ascot that she can get the job done when the pressure is on.

Coeur Blimey beat Ballyandy that day, the Cheltenham bumper winner in 2016 who is now rated 147 over hurdles. Coeur Blimey’s jumping has stopped him from hitting the same heights as Ballyandy, but if the cheekpieces sharpen that up I have no doubt that he has the engine to be a serious horse over timber. Hopefully he proves me right tomorrow, and at odds of 25/1 I think he is worth chancing each way.

STEVOS’ SELECTION: 15.35 NEWBURY-COEUR BLIMEY E/W @ 25/1

No comments:

Post a Comment